Sunday, October 19, 2008
So I haven't really sat down and written anything on the blog for quite some time. I just get lost in reading other blogs and before I know it....I'm ready for bed. I always think I'll post something "tomorrow" but tomorrow always seems to be a repeat of yesterday. So- I'm going to make it a goal to write more on here.
Randy was asking me the other day if I wrote down all that happened during the birth of Sampson. I said "no". Yeah- that didn't go over too well... lol. So, I'm just going to post 1o things that I remember about that day---May 30th, 2008.
1. I was SO ready to have Sampson. I was uncomfortable, irritable, grumpy...you get the picture! That doesn't seem like such a great 1st remembrance but it IS what I remember the most!
2. I wanted my sister to be at the hospital with me when I had Sampson. The MINUTE I found out that my mom couldn't be there (still upset about that!) I immediately called her and let her know she HAD to come up. She readily agreed and luckily I had him before she had to head back home because of work.
3. My mom getting emotional on the phone when I was talking to her in the hospital. She was sad she couldn't be there. :( She's such a great mom and grandma!
4. The AWESOME nurse I had that really talked me through everything and let me know exactly what was going on....except for when I was almost rushed to the OR room for a emergency C-section.... Well, it WAS CrAzYand she was busy calling in other nurses, herding out everyone except Randy and calling the doctor. Which leads me to #5
5. While all this was going on all sorts of things were rushing through my mind. I called out for Randy and he came and sat beside me and held my hand. I just looked at him and only him and stared into his eyes and just breathed. That was the only thing that comforted me while all the commotion was going on. I just remember the peace and comfort I felt just looking in his eyes.
6. Pushing like 15 times and NOTHING?!?!?!? What is up with that?!?! Finally the suction cup was pulled out and after a few tugs there was our DARLING BABY BOY. (Sorry if this was too graphic...)
7. Being shown the knot in the cord that was tied around Sampson's little wrist while he was inside me. The doctor slipped it off after he delivered Sampson. I didn't really think anything of it at first. Not until the nurse said that if the cord had slipped off his wrist while he was inside me he would have been stillborn. S.C.A.R.Y.
8. Thinking the nurse was playing a joke on me when she said Sampson was 8 lbs. 1 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. Yeah, right! Can ya weigh him again please cause that can't be right. It was and I have the birth certificate and baby to prove it.
9. Worried I was going to upset Kristine (Randy's sister who is pregnant) because of the few complications that I had during labor. Sasha's birth was sooo easy and when Kristine asked if she could be in the room with Sampson I didn't think anything of it. I kept watching her to see if she was okay. I THINK she did fine.... :)
10. How wonderful it was to have family around on that special day. They are so wonderful and supportive!!!!
I know I have a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers my prayers. I have 3 beautiful children to prove it. I have a wonderful husband who I am sealed to for eternity! I love the gospel and the blessings it provides me and my family. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!
created by Patrice at 10:59 PM